in Greenville, SC
Dr. Shawn Birchenough is a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery and aesthetics. Dr. Katherine Birchenough is certified in functional medicine and an expert in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. We are Greenville’s premier physician-run medical Wellness and Aesthetic center. At OptimalSelf MD, we offer plastic surgery for men and women in Greenville, Simpsonville, Greer, Spartanburg, and the surrounding communities in South Carolina.
WHAT IS PLASTIC SURGERY?
Plastic surgery is a specialty that focuses on making aesthetic changes to your face and body. Being healthy means not only physically, but also emotionally, and this is directly linked to how you look and feel about yourself.
At OptimalSelf MD, Dr. Shawn understands that plastic surgery is a deeply personal choice. The personal connections that he makes with you in understanding your cosmetic goals help you feel comfortable and confident in your choices. The consultation process is critically important to individualize the discussion between you and Dr. Shawn. Dr. Shawn makes sure that each patient has adequate face-to-face time for this step in the process. This process includes having a discussion about goals, concerns and previous surgeries or treatments, as well as doing a medical examination, taking photographs, and doing 3-D imaging as appropriate. Expectations, after-surgery activities and timelines are also reviewed. Dr. Shawn believes that patient education is one of the most important exchanges that occurs during the consultation! It is because of his approach that he is able to have lasting, sincere, and genuine relationships with his patients. The consultation process is critically important to individualize the discussion between you and Dr. Shawn.
HOW MUCH DOES PLASTIC SURGERY COST?
At OptimalSelf MD, we understand that you want to feel good about yourself, yet cost may be a primary consideration. We recommend that you schedule a consultation as a first step. We charge a fee for an in-office consultation. As part of the consultation, we explain the price of your plastic surgery, and payment can be made by cash, check, and credit card. We also work with CareCredit® and Alphaeon® to offer our patients financing options.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR PLASTIC SURGERY?
Everyone wants to feel good about how they look, and many work hard to stay in shape and take care of their bodies. Some factors, though, are beyond your control, and you may start to feel less confident or even embarrassed. This can cause a downward spiral that leads to many emotional issues or physical limitation. Sometimes clothes don’t fit well, hormones affect our bodies, or aging changes our appearance. At OptimalSelf MD, we are here to help you find ways to achieve your goals when you are faced with the limitations of aging and how well your body responds. Plastic surgery is an excellent way to give yourself a little extra support in your journey. Also, surgeries done in the past require revisions or corrections. You can see how we have helped our patients by visiting our plastic surgery before and after photos.
WHAT TYPES OF PLASTIC SURGERY SHOULD I CONSIDER?
- Breast Augmentation if you would like a more feminine appearance via fuller and larger breasts
- Breast Lift if you want your breasts to look perkier
- Breast Reduction if your breasts are too large for your frame
- Breast Revision if you had breast augmentation in the past and are no longer happy with the results
- Tummy Tuck and Mini Tummy Tuck if you struggle with small areas of fat and loose skin in your abdominal area
- Liposuction if you have small areas of fat on your body that you cannot eliminate with diet and exercise
- Mommy Makeover if pregnancy has taken a toll on your breasts, abdomen, buttocks, and other areas of your body
- Body Lift if your recent massive weight loss has left behind skin folds and stubborn fat
- Arm Lift if you are embarrassed by flabby areas on the back sides of your upper arms
- Thigh Lift if you notice crinkled skin, fat bulges, and other issues with your upper thighs
- Facelift and Mini Facelift if you have moderate to severe wrinkles, folds, and creases on your face that cannot be reduced with other plastic surgery options and medical aesthetics
- Neck Lift and Mini Neck Lift if you routinely hide your neck because of the wrinkles, sagging, and crinkled skin
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) if your upper or lower eyelids are sagging and giving you a tired appearance
- Brow Lift if you notice sagging in your forehead and brow area
- to visualize the results of your plastic surgery procedures before committing to the procedure
CAN I SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION FOR PLASTIC SURGERY?
You can schedule a consultation with Dr. Shawn, and we recommend this as the first step when considering plastic surgery. OptimalSelf MD charges a fee for in-office consultations.
3D VIRTUAL MODELING TECHNOLOGY
Crisalix enables patients to answer the common question: “How could I look after the procedure?”