Dr. Shawn Birchenough is a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery and aesthetics. Dr. Katherine Birchenough was the fourth physician in South Carolina to be board-certified in functional medicine through the Institute for Functional Medicine. She is also certified in peptide therapy, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, emergency medicine, and pediatrics. At OptimalSelf MD, we offer IV nutrient therapy for men and women in Greenville, Simpsonville, Greer, Spartanburg, and the surrounding communities in South Carolina.
What Are Medical Aesthetics?
Our aesthetics medical office offers non-surgical treatments for damaged skin. All cosmetic concerns can be linked back to some type of skin damage. Wrinkles are caused by reduced levels of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. A dull, dry complexion may be related to dead skin cells that accumulate on the surface, and even age spots reflect damage to the pigment-producing skin cells.
How Much Do Medical Aesthetics Cost?
At OptimalSelf MD, we understand that you want to feel good about yourself, yet cost may be a primary consideration. We recommend that you schedule a consultation as a first step. As part of the consultation, we explain the price of your medical aesthetics, and payment can be made by cash, check, and credit card. We also work with CareCredit® and Alphaeon® to offer our patients financing options.
Who is a Good Candidate for Medical Aesthetics?
What Types of Medical Aesthetics Should I Consider?
- HydraFacial® simultaneously cleanses, hydrates, and nourishes your skin
- Microneedling stimulates collagen production for wrinkles and other concerns
- Chemical Peels offer a range of skin benefits, such as reduction fine lines, correcting sun damage, and more
- Laser Skin Resurfacing with Icon™ reduces wrinkles and eliminates hyperpigmentation
- IPL Photofacial with Icon™ Max G helps with problems on the surface of the skin that cannot be treated with surgery
- Dermaplaning removes damaged layers of skin to bring out a healthy skin radiance
- Broadband Light Therapy (BBL™) corrects skin damage and stimulates collagen production
- LED Light Therapy helps with new cell development and is safe for acne-prone skin
- relies on growth factors in your blood to strengthen hair in areas of thinning
- provides evidence-based nourishment that meets the unique needs of men’s skin
- combine science and medicine to improve skin health and delay damage that gives you an aged appearance
Can I Schedule a Consultation for Medical Aesthetics?
If you are interested in our aesthetics medical spa services, we invite you to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors. For a fee, you can also schedule an in-office consultation.
OptimalSelf MD is the first center in South Carolina to offer plastic surgery, aesthetics, and wellness for men and women in Greenville, Simpsonville, Greer, Spartanburg, and the nearby areas of South Carolina. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to discuss your medical aesthetics options.
Say goodbye to tired, dull skin!
Icon Facial Rejuvenation
“I went to Dr. Shawn for a tummy tuck and liposuction. The staff and Dr. Shawn explain everything and listen to your concerns. I would recommend going to see them for a consultation on any procedure you are wanting to have or just curious about. I am now 3 months post-op, and the results are amazing.”
I had a breast augmentation, and it couldn’t have gone any better. They went out of their way to accommodate me. I recommend OptimalSelf MD to everyone. Dr Birchenough and his staff are the best.
A smile is worth more than money can buy. Dr Birchenough’s is the sunshine.
I have been very pleased with all aspects of my surgery and Dr. Birchenough’s great staff.