You don't have to settle for a health-care system that no longer serves you! At OSMD we focus on empowering you to be your best self.
Typical Patient Journey:
Application & Pre-Consultation Call
- You fill out the request for consultation online.
- We set up a pre-consultation call to further discuss your needs and what we can offer you.
- We send you a preliminary recommended plan of care with pricing for you to review. If we’re not a good fit for your issues, we may still send you some helpful information and resources.
- You return a signed copy and we begin the onboarding and scheduling process!
Preliminary Labs & Initial Consultation
- Prior to the in-office appointment, you will come in for a fasting morning lab draw, the cost of which is included in your consultation fee. It is best to be doing your normal routine the week before this blood draw. No diets, travel, or stressful events if possible. If you're feeling sick, it's best to reschedule.
- You will have more questionnaires to complete once you are scheduled for this appointment. These are very important and an integral part of your evaluation. Please be as detailed as possible.
- At the consultation, we go over your case together and fill in the blanks, getting to know you better in the process. Utilizing your initial lab results and questionnaire responses, Dr. Katherine or Amy will have a more precise plan in mind for you and will recommend specific treatments, specialty testing, or further information gathering. This appointment is usually 60-75 minutes in length.
- Your preliminary plan may change at this appointment, but we will discuss that with you and present you with a new estimate.
- Congratulations, you are now an important member of your own health care team!
Specialty Testing & Follow-Ups
- We have access to a full spectrum of specialty testing. That’s often how we determine the root causes of your issues. Most of these tests are not covered by insurance, so we only recommend what we think is necessary. We practice personalized medicine, and abide by “test, don’t guess”.
- Once submitted to the lab, it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks to get your specialty test results.
- We may also recommend you keep a food journal, record basal body temperatures, fill out additional forms, do body composition testing, or even wear a continuous blood glucose monitor for 2 weeks. If you are taking a lot of supplements, we may ask you to bring those so we can review them with you.
- The next 1-2 visits are spaced 3 to 6 weeks apart and are usually longer than average (45-60 minutes) to allow for time to review the lab results with you and modify your plan. Although we strive to provide you with clear instructions, you may want to bring someone with you to hold you accountable!
Wrapping It Up & Your Maintenance Plan
- We can usually get you where you want to be in 3 to 6 months. In more complex cases, it may be up to a year. Once we reach that point, you will transition to maintenance care.
- Some patients will matriculate out of our practice and continue care with their primary care provider. For example, patients that need to stay on prescription thyroid medication or hormones can often be managed by their PCP. Others will find their problems solved and be on their merry way with a plan in place and the exact supplements or diet they need to stay well!
- We also offer memberships to those that want to stay on with OSMD for continuing care. Dr. Katherine has a concierge wellness practice for her personal patients, and there are other wellness & hormone memberships available to qualified patients that want to take advantage of all we offer! Please see this link for more details.
- Regardless of the path you choose, we are grateful for the opportunity to have served you and contributed to your health, happiness, and longevity!