Health and disease often begins in the gut. In fact, gut health is linked to brain, heart, skin, and immune health. Your gut contains trillions of live microorganisms that promote normal GI function, protect the body from infection, and regulate metabolism. A compromised gut barrier can lead to what is commonly referred to as intestinal permeability, or leaky gut syndrome. Compromised gut health can lead to numerous inflammatory conditions such as obesity, auto-immune diseases, depression and even certain types of cancer.
Who can benefit from our Optimal Gut Reset program?
Anyone can benefit from improved gut health through our optimal gut reset program, but our program is specifically for people who have struggled with symptoms or conditions such as:
- Abdominal pain/cramping
- Suspected food intolerances or sensitivities
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Leaky Gut/Intestinal Permeability
What is the cost?
Any efforts to improve health requires an investment of time, energy and money. Our recommendation is that you schedule a free phone consultation as a first step. During this time, we can review our program goals, costs, and answer any questions you may have. In addition to traditional forms of payment such as cash or credit, we also have financing options through CareCredit® and Alphaeon®.
What can you expect from our program?
First and foremost, you can expect to be treated with compassion. Gut health is complex and many of our patients have been frustrated by a lack of answers and lack of effective treatment. We promise to provide a personal touch throughout the program as you work with our physician and team. Beyond that, we provide results. Committing to a functional medicine approach allows us to utilize a 5R protocol, as well as understanding the unique factors that contribute to gut and digestive issues. We will address areas such as microbiome balance, digestion, infections, diet, lifestyle, stress, social connectedness, sleep, nutrition, and movement.
The functional medicine approach is an individualized, patient-centered, and science-based approach that empowers the patient and practitioner to work together to address underlying causes of disease and promote optimal wellness. Instead of treating the symptoms, we focus on root causes of dysfunction.
What is the 5R protocol?
- Remove: whatever is either in excess (bacteria, yeast, parasites) or is a suspected food sensitivity or allergen.
- Replace: Once the offending foods, organisms, and lifestyle triggers are removed, start replacing the factors necessary to optimize digestion and gut health
- Repopulate: restoring the balance of good bacteria using prebiotic foods and supplements if needed, and probiotics as well as probiotic foods.
- Repair: The gut lining can be severely compromised during periods of inflammation, stress and when exposed to allergens over time. Repairing the gut lining is needed to ensure proper absorption of nutrients.
- Rebalance: It is important to address the external stressors that may affect gut health
OptimalSelf MD is the first center in South Carolina to offer plastic surgery, aesthetics, and wellness for men and women in Greenville, Simpsonville, Greer, Spartanburg, and the nearby areas of South Carolina. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to discuss your options for improved gut health.