[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]A browlift (forehead lift), facelift or necklift, are surgical procedures that improve the most visible signs of aging in the forehead, face and neck, such as:
- Sagging in the middle of your face and cheeks
- Eyebrow drooping or heaviness, making you look tired or older
- Deep creases or hollowness below the lower eyelids
- Creases along the nose extending to the corner of the mouth
- Fat that has started to droop in the middle cheeks
- Loss of skin tone in the lower face that creates jowls
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw can give the appearance of a double chin, or loose skin sagging under the chin and neck.
These procedures involve the surgical removal or excess skin and fat and direct tightening of the skin with sutures. The facelift and neck lift approaches use the crease directly in front of the ear and the groove behind the ear to help disguise the scar. A browlift is usually done through small incisions in the hair above the forehead.
What Can I Expect From Face or Neck Lift Surgery?
The procedures can be done together or separately and are usually done under general anesthesia in the operating room. It usually takes from two to five hours to complete, and swelling in the forehead, face, neck and eyelids is expected afterwards, depending on the extent and location of the surgery. An overnight in the hospital or care at home is typical. You may have a drain in that comes out the day after surgery.
How Long Will It Take For Me to Recover?
The swelling can last from five to ten days depending on the extent of the surgery and the post-operative care. Bruising may be present for five to fourteen days. You will be allowed to walk and do some daily activities immediately after the surgery, but strenuous activity, cardio workouts and heavy lifting will be restarted under close supervision by Dr. Shawn in three to four weeks depending on how you are healing.
What Questions Should I Ask Dr. Birchenough?
- “What’s the difference between a facelift and a necklift? I thought they were the same?”
- “Do you do that ‘weekend facelift’ or the ‘life lifts’ I see so much about on television? What are those anyway?”
- “I don’t want anyone to know I had surgery, so how can you help me get rid of my drooping cheeks and neck?”